Pre-Season -Summer/Fall 2021 Training Cycle
Strength Program: Week 1, Session 3
In the first week of training we take on a combination of bodyweight static and explosive compound movements. Each session is composed of four parts aiming to provide a full body workout. Exercise routines begin with moderate intensity and volume and will increase as the weeks progress. To place emphasis on anaerobic endurance we always include a conditioning component which is expected to be completed with limited recovery time between exercises. To best gauge your progress and identify your baseline use the PDF provided in each session to keep notes of your sessions outcomes.
Click HERE to download printable version.
PART I: ACTIVATION, WARM-UP, & FEET AND ANKLE STRENGTH
- Mini-band Activation Routine
- 1-4 mile warm-up or any other light aerobic exercise, i.e., elliptical, cycling, etc.. for 15-30 mins
- Feet and ankle strength exercises: 20 steps each
- Toe Walk
- Heel Walk
- Heel Walk Everted
- Toe Walk Everted
- Heel Walk Inverted
- Toe Walk Inverted
- Supinated Side Foot Walk
- Pronated Side Foot Walk
- Toe Scrunch Walk
PART II: CONDITIONING
Perform circuit 3x and each exercise for 30 secs w/ 15 secs recovery between sets and 60 secs before moving on to Part III.
PART III: CORE & HIPS
Perform circuit 2x with as much recovery as necessary.
- Candle Stick Roll-Up: 10 Reps
- Russian Twist: 30 secs – AMAP*
- Side Plank Leg Lift: 10 Reps Each Side
*As Much As Possible
PART IV: HAMMY’S, QUADS, & GLUTES
Perform circuit 2x with as much recovery as necessary
- Hamstring Bridge March : 10 Reps each Leg
- Seated Straddle Leg Lifts: AMAP
- BW Kang Squat: 10 Reps