Pre-Season -Summer/Fall 2021 Training Cycle
Strength Program: Week 2, Session 3
Last week, we familiarized ourselves with what may have been a dozen new exercises and movements. We now aim to improve our movement patterns, execution, and strength by repeating these exercises and increasing both volume and intensity of each session. All exercises can be performed without weights or props. If the exercises feel too easy, then it is recommended, whenever possible, to add weights or make use of a mini-band to make the exercise more challenging. To best gauge your progress and identify your baseline use the PDF provided in each session to keep notes of your sessions outcomes.
Click HERE to download printable version.
PART I: ACTIVATION, WARM-UP, & FEET AND ANKLE STRENGTH
- Mini-band Activation Routine
- 1-4 mile warm-up or any other light aerobic exercise, i.e., elliptical, cycling, etc.. for 15-30 mins
- Feet and ankle strength exercises: 20 steps each and repeat the circuit 2x
- Toe Walk
- Heel Walk
- Heel Walk Everted
- Toe Walk Everted
- Heel Walk Inverted
- Toe Walk Inverted
- Supinated Side Foot Walk
- Pronated Side Foot Walk
- Toe Scrunch Walk
PART II: CONDITIONING
Perform circuit 2x with 15 secs recovery between reps and 60 secs between sets.
- Dumbbell Super Burpee Deadlift: 30 secs
- LLL: 10 Hops
- RRR: 10 Hops
- LLRR: x3
- Medial Hop (L & R): 10 Hops on each leg
- Lateral Hop (L&R): 10 Hops on each leg
PART III: CORE
Perform each exercise for 30 secs for as many reps as possible. Recover 15 secs between exercises. Repeat Circuit 2x with 60 sec recovery.