Pre-Season -Summer/Fall 2021 Training Cycle
Strength Program: Week 5, Session 2
In this final week of Pre-season we focus on recovery and keeping things light in order to begin the training season feeling refreshed. In the final two sessions we focus on recovery and flexibility with a combination of some core work and a short conditioning circuit.
PART I: ACTIVATION + WARM-UP
- Mini-band Activation Routine
- 1-4 mile warm-up or any other light aerobic exercise, i.e., elliptical, cycling, etc.. for 15-30 mins
PART II: CONDITIONING
Perform the circuit 3x with 30 secs between exercises and 1-minute recovery between sets.
- Mountain Climber: 30 secs AMAP*
- Toe Touch Crunch: 30 secs AMAP
- Push-Ups: AMAP
- Lunge (R&L): 15 Reps on each side
*As Much As Possible
PART III: STATIC FLEXIBILITY
Perform each movement in a slow controlled manner for 20 reps and/or 30 secs holds. Move through each exercise leisurely. Repeat the circuit 2x.